Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lunar Eclipse









 
An eclipse of the Moon (or lunar eclipse) can only occur at Full Moon, and only if the Moon passes through some portion of Earth's shadow. That shadow is actually composed of two cone-shaped components, one nested inside the other. The outer or penumbral shadow is a zone where the Earth blocks part but not all of the Sun's rays from reaching the Moon. In contrast, the inner or umbral shadow is a region where the Earth blocks all direct sunlight from reaching the Moon.

       God amazes me with His beauty! I know for me, sometimes I take for granted the awesome beauty of our Creator. I walk outside, or do some sort of activity outdoors everyday and I ignore this creation that I'm living in. If you think about it, Earth is so in-depth and detailed. For example: I love sunsets and enjoy gazing into the depths of the sky when the sun is setting. In all the sunsets/sunrises I have never seen the same sky ever! And I have even tried to catch God slippin', I used to think God had about fifty or so sunset lined up in a order that He would play over and over. This was when I was young of course, but when I grew older and my relationship with God grew, so did my understanding of Him. As far as I know the universe is infinite, so why cant the number of the sunsets never end? Another example to think about. Have you ever studied the Human body? I feel sorry for all the Anatomy majors out there. The body is so detailed! Genesis 1:27-So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created them....

        Now outer space blows my mind. I don't even know where to start. I don't understand how anyone can deny the fact that there isn't a God, or there isn't some being greater than the human race. I heard this from my science teacher last semester, "scientifically we are in the dark, we don't know anything. All we have is theory, no facts for evolution". This guy is a Christian by the way. So I jotted this quote down and kinda added to it while in class. I said " you want to know why we are in the dark? Because someone or being (God) created this Earth and Universe. He is much greater than the human mind and we simply cant figure Him out as far as creation goes". The big bang is a THEORY...that's all.

       If the Earth/universe is this beautiful, can you imagine what heaven will look like? The dwelling place of the Almighty God.


 

2 comments:

  1. I really like this! You're good at this writing thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jason. I enjoyed the part about the "50 or so sunsets lining up" its sad that alot of children today rarely think about God's creation, due to the mass of technology. I agree with your statement about the human body completely. It is literally insane how intricate every function of the body works. I am unsure how anyone can look at the physiology of the heart or the brain and think we "just happened" or "evolved". God is a master at creating things, he doesn't just throw them together.:) Genesis 2:7- "then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." = AMAZING. Good work keep up the writing thing.

    ReplyDelete